Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager
Orrick currently has an opening for a Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager for the White Collar, Investigations, Securities Litigation and Enforcement practice groups. This position will be located in either the San Francisco or Washington DC office.
The Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager will work closely with the Litigation Practice Group Leader, partners and other Senior Staff with the development and implementation of marketing, client and business development initiatives and marketing strategies.
The Sr. M&BD Manager is responsible for the following categories of work:
Practice Support Group:
• Serve as point of contact for initiating, directing and providing marketing and business development support.
• Provide strategic guidance and proactive recommendations to enhance the visibility of the attorneys and the firm in local, regional, global and industry platforms, including speaking engagements, writing opportunities and other brand-building initiatives.
• Review and update marketing and business development plans and practice group materials.
Client Development Support:
• Support lawyers in their business development and marketing efforts including thought leadership, strategy, research, RFP responses/pitches/proposals, survey and directory submissions, client communications, client-focused education, market positioning programs including advertising, events and sponsorships, customized materials and print and electronic communications.
Communications Team Support:
• Work closely with the Communications Team to create media opportunities, provide proactive ideas to enhance the strategic market positioning and messaging of practice groups and create content for www.orrick.com and various Firmwide tools.
Management and Reporting:
• Provide guidance, support, training and mentoring to the Business Development and Marketing Department’s specialists and coordinators.
• Regularly meet with practice group leaders on the state of the practice.
• Coordinate and execute quarterly practice group meetings.
• Manage global annual business development budgets.
• Provide detailed and accurate reports to leadership, including tracking and reporting significant wins.
• Continually network to build internal relationships amongst lawyers to drive cross-practice integration.
• Eight (8) + years of progressive marketing or business development management experience. Law firm experience strongly preferred, professional services or consulting experience will be considered.
• B.A. or B.S. or other advanced degrees or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent creative and engaging writing skills are required. Applicants should be comfortable submitting a writing sample.
• Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and personal authority.
• Enthusiasm to perform to the highest level. Passionate about pitching innovative ideas to leadership, and executing on those ideas with precision.
• Ability to deliver exemplary client service and embrace a team-oriented approach.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Strong project management skills, laser-like attention to detail and a focus on efficiency. Ability to balance competing needs and continually prioritize (and re-prioritize) tasks at a moment’s notice.
• Proficient and precise with Adobe, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Bonus points for deep knowledge of Tikit, Interaction and WordPress. Ability to acquire new technical skills easily.
• Comfortable working with social media platforms.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Consistent with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration