Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Manager in the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV.
The Payroll Manager will provide strategic oversight of the processing of the Firm’s payroll (domestic and international) and the preparation of all payroll tax payments including government reporting. This individual is also responsible for overseeing and ensuring the Firm’s strict compliance with current federal, state and local laws.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures to improve and streamline the payroll accounting processes globally.
• Management and oversight of the Payroll staff.
• Manage the firm’s compliance with IRS, FLSA, workers compensation, state, local, and agency regulations and reporting requirements.
• Strategic oversight of payroll function including proactively updating processes, best practice approaches and compliance requirements.
• Responsible for the identification and resolution of issues in Payroll processing.
• Coordinate and lead the effort to maintain and troubleshoot the payroll component of the PeopleSoft system and coordinate changes with the HRIS Department.
• Manage the relationship with outside vendors including ADP.
• Manage the daily operation of all payroll related information including the input of timesheets, employee tax data and direct deposit information by payroll staff.
• Oversee the preparation, documentation, and the dissemination of payroll checks, and related payroll tax deposits.
• Reengineer the monthly process partner distribution in PeopleSoft (partner compensation is provided by the Manager of Partner Compensation).
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of the annual payroll schedule to ensure the timely processing of payroll, including input of overtime, printing of checks, calculation of federal and state payroll taxes, bank files and garnishments.
• Manage the reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts by payroll staff.
• Oversee the review and approval of all payroll journal entries, wires and check requests.
• Oversee the preparation of 401k contribution and Defined Contribution reports for the General Ledger Department.
• Oversee the monthly FTE process and make changes as necessary.
• Perform miscellaneous other projects for the Controller, Tax Director and CFO.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent training required.
• 7+ years of work and management experience required.
• Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll and payroll taxes required; international experience preferred.
• Experience in processing payroll using PeopleSoft preferred.
• Proficient in Excel/MS Word and Windows environment required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong analytical skills required.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.