Maintenance Machinist (Ione, CA)
East Bay Municipal Utility District
EBMUD Job Title: Maintenance Machinist (Pardee)
$86,580 - $100,236 Annually, Plus Excellent Benefits, including Retirement Benefits
Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, October 31, 2016
Highly-skilled professionals with experience in machine tool operation and direct experience maintaining large machinery are invited to apply for the East Bay Municipal Utility District's (EBMUD's) Maintenance Machinist who reports to the Pardee Center in Valley Springs (Ione), approximately 40 miles east of Stockton in the Mokelumne River basin. EBMUD's Maintenance Machinists are not comparable to Machine Operator or Production Machinist positions with most companies
The Maintenance Machinist at Pardee works both in the shop and field at sites near Pardee and Camanche reservoirs, performing highly skilled mechanical maintenance, fabrication, repair and installation work on a variety of industrial plant equipment such as pumps, valves, compressors, generators, turbines, chemical feed equipment, plumbing systems and related mechanical equipment. The work requires considerable independent judgment.
Primary responsibilities will be troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of hydroelectric turbine-generators and their associated equipment, pumps, regulators, valves and all other mechanical equipment located in the water treatment plants, pumping plants and other facilities. The position also supports construction projects through shop fabrication and field installation of water system and building components. Typical duties include:
- Setting up and operating machine tools (lathe, key-seater, grinder, horizontal boring mill, etc.).
- Diagnosing and repairing complex mechanical problems.
- Performing field machining on large turbines, valves and other equipment.
- Performing field and shop welding, rigging and fitting, and preventive maintenance.
The salary range is $7,215 per month increasing to $7,576, $7,955 and $8,353, after 12, 24, and 36 months, respectively.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
1. A high school diploma or its equivalent AND either:
2a. Attainment of recognized journey-level status as a Maintenance Machinist or Millwright with work experience primarily in maintenance/repair, rather than limited to production machine tool operations; OR
2b. Two years and 10 months of recognized sub-journey level status as a Maintenance Machinist or Millwright performing more specialized mechanical maintenance and repair and machine tool operations requiring greater skill, more precision, and a higher degree of trade knowledge with greater independence of action.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. For more information, see our FAQ page at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-resources/job-faqs-frequently-asked-questions/
1. This is an open and continuous recruitment. Please submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs as soon as possible, as the filing period will close once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
2. All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, with those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position to be invited to a written test.
3. Candidates who pass the written test will be invited to a hands-on shop performance test that covers work on a lathe, mill, grinder, welding, alignment and other shop-related tasks.
4. Successful candidates will be placed on the hiring list, based on rank, for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 to 24 months.
5. All employment offers are conditional, pending the results of a Live Scan background screening. All selected finalists must participate in the Live Scan background screening process to remain in consideration for EBMUD employment.