Attorney - Bank Regulatory
Bank of America
Company Bank of America
Job Title Attorney - Bank Regulatory
Location: Charlotte, NC, 28230, USA
Description **Job Description:**
Bank of America is seeking an enterprise level privacy/data protection attorney.
• In-depth knowledge of, and experience analyzing and applying, federal, state, and global laws and corporate policies related to privacy, especially financial privacy, including state laws and regulations related to telemarketing and email marketing
• Analyzing and applying laws, regulations and corporate policies related to: the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and its application to financial institutions, including requirements added to the FCRA by the FACT Act, privacy laws, including GLBA and US state privacy laws FCC and FTC consumer privacy rules, including TCPA and UDAAP, HIPAA and related regulations
• General Data Protection Regulation and other international privacy laws and regulations
• Proficiency with analyzing telemarketing, email marketing, affiliate sharing, data analytics, secondary use of consumer reports, credit scores, fraud scores, bankruptcy scores, and other model-based scores, and adverse action matters
• Proficiency with online and mobile privacy laws, and consumer notice and disclosure requirements
• Knowledge of, and practical experience with, federal and state data breach notification laws and regulations
• Experience analyzing laws, contract terms and conditions, and corporate policies and standards, related to financial privacy, consumer credit reporting, telemarketing, and email marketing
• Familiarity with laws related to e-commerce, mobile commerce, and information security
• Familiarity with self-regulatory regimes like Direct Marketing Association and CTIA
• Proficiency advising risk and compliance managers and other corporate support functions and attorneys in the above areas, and supporting them in the development of practical operational processes that control risk and ensure compliance
• Proficiency drafting and analyzing customer terms and conditions, contracts with third parties, and corporate policies and standards, related to financial privacy, the FCRA, and information security
• Work closely with Enterprise Privacy colleagues to identify risks and develop strategies for privacy/data protection and cross border data movement initiative implementation and compliance.
This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.
• Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience at a major law firm or corporate legal department. Will consider candidates with 3-5 years of experience for those with strong privacy/data protection experience
•Deep knowledge of privacy/data protection in the United States and around the world, including cross border data movement and human resources
• Ability to field issues across a diverse set of legal fields.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct results-oriented legal advice.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and collaborative environment with many stakeholders.
• Independent, self-starter capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Strong influencing and leadership skills, including decisiveness on both legal and business issues.
•Must of JD or equivalent Law Degree
•Must be admitted to at least one state bar – active/good standing
• Experience in global financial services and with financial regulators is a plus.
**Posting Date** : 01/08/2017
**Location** : US-DC-Washington, US-NY-New York, US-NC-Charlotte
**Travel** : Yes, 5% of the time
**Full / Part-time** : Full time
**Hours Per Week** : 40
**Shift** : 1st shift
**Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities**
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
**Diversity & Inclusion**
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
**Frequently Asked Questions**
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.
Success begins with building relationships.
At Bank of America, our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our focus is on helping each one find the right financial solutions. With a wide range of career opportunities available, we invite you to realize your career goals with us while assisting customers with what matters most to them.
Welcome to Careers at Bank of America.